San Francisco Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! Most San Francisco carpets available today have been treated with stain-resistors, so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the probability of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquid spills dry with a white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling ( that does not include printing).
3. Do not scrub the affected area! Scrubbing may cause pile distortion. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and carefully follow the directions.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be sure that the cleaning solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth to the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to the carpet. If a change does occur, then you should choose another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot dry with an absorbent cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call B & G Chem-Dry in San Francisco , CA today at (415) 657-0114 to order with your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call B & G Chem-Dry in San Francisco , CA at (415) 657-0114 to see if we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- Carpet Care Tips in San Francisco
- Filtration Soiling in San Francisco homes
- San Francisco Basic Rug Care
- San Francisco Spot Removal Steps
- San Francisco Urine Odor Removal Tips
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in San Francisco
Carpet Cleaning$129 for three roomsCoupon Code, 3roomsExpires: $129 minimum charge. up to 350 square feet. Not good with other offers.B & G Chem-Dry