Wool Carpet Care Tips
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills. It is of utmost importance to act quickly when anything is dropped or spilled, and always have the necessary cleaning materials at hand. Chem-Dry uses special professional cleaning agents designed for use with your wool carpets.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. You may require a suction-only vacuum for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. You should empty vacuum cleaner dust bags when half full.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become dirty. You should change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems regularly.
- Periodically clean traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs.
- Keep absorbent cloth or paper towels and cleaning solutions on hand for quick response to spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments containing any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints when they use such treatments.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned, ask about our Wool Safe® products.